|After more than a year, the Canadian border will reopen to fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents on August 9 for nonessential travel under certain conditions.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO CANADA
- Have received 2 doses of approved vaccines at least 14 days prior to entering Canada
- Provide COVID-19-related information electronically through ArriveCAN prior to arrival in Canada
- Have a paper or digital copy of the vaccination documentation if requested by customs
- Require a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result prior to departure for Canada
- Be asymptomatic upon arrival
- Present a suitable quarantine plan, and be prepared to quarantine if not meeting all the conditions required
CHANGES IN CONDITIONS
- No more post-arrival test unless randomly selected to complete a Day 1 COVID-19 molecular test
- Elimination of the three-night government authorized hotel stay requirement for all travellers arriving by air
- Unvaccinated children under 12 years of age of fully vaccinated travellers will no longer have to complete a 14-day quarantine, but must follow strict public health measures
The Government intends to fully open the borders for other countries on September 7, 2021, if the epidemiological situation in Canada remains favourable, and this, always under certain conditions, including the full course of vaccination with a Government of Canada-accepted vaccine.